Friday, May 3, 2013

5 little thoughts

Not all of my blogging friends are on Facebook, but that's where I post thoughts that aren't big enough to make into a blog entry. If you're looking for a little something to chew on, here are my top 5 recent posts.


You must answer this question for yourself: Why do I follow Christ? Until you know for yourself, you cannot talk with others (even your own children). If your answer sounds like something printed in a church bulletin, scratch it out and try again. When it sounds like *you*, then you will know why *you* follow Jesus.

Do you want to learn the value of your time? Set a 20 minute timer & do all you can to clean the kitchen. Then set a 20 minute timer and work on laundry. Then another 20 minutes looking through that pile of paperwork. Now you know what an hour of your time at home is worth. Budget it wisely.

Do not be anxious about anything, even the important stuff that most of the people around you are anxious about. (Every now and then, don't you look up to heaven in amazement....really, God? You meant that even for *my* circumstances? Working to conform my life to His word. He is good.)

"I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." - Psalm 9:1-2 I get tired of people being super-excited about their church...although I've personally been there, and that excitement has even been my job. But I came to Jesus not because He was some fabulous new product on the American market. He is amazing and good. He has saved me and comforted me and helped me and directed me and healed me. May I bear testimony to Him in all of my words, my choices, my actions, and in my heart. Wherever you are this morning, I hope you spend time focusing on Him. And if you are in church, I hope your church stays out of His way.

If you had a friend who claimed to be a vegetarian, but ate meat all the time, wouldn't you doubt her beliefs? There are such things as vegetarians, but she isn't one, no matter what she says. Likewise, a person can say, "I am a Christian," but at some point, it makes a difference in her behavior--or she doesn't really believe it.

No comments: