Sunday, July 6, 2014

Worship and provision

The worship music was very meaningful to me in church today, one of those times when you pray and sort of lose yourself in the moment. At one point, I was moved to kick off my shoes--the feeling that Moses had when he came across the burning bush, and a voice told him, "Take off your shoes, for you are standing on holy ground."

I didn't however. What if I got my feet dirty? We worship in a gym; the floor can't be all that clean.

And the next image in my mind is Jesus, wrapping a towel around His waist to wash the dirty feet of His disciples.

When we are touched by the holiness of our Father, we become aware of our own dirtiness. Often, it's just the ordinary, everyday kind of dirt, that seems to stick to us no matter how hard we try. But the Savior, knowing our nature, stoops down to serve us, to make us clean.

God provides for me. He was thinking of me before I was born, before today, before I knew how much I need Him.

No comments: